Wednesday, November 4, 2009

World's Greatest DIET

Here it is the best kept secret alive!!!!  The world's greatest diet is.......Breastfeeding! 


Did you expect anything less?  Breastfeeding is the one diet that actually requires you sit on your tooshy and cuddle with your baby.  Actually that is the only thing it requires is to feed your baby.  Exclusive breastfeeding burns an extra 500 calories a day on average - that's an extra meal each day!  This is why breastfeeding moms need to eat extra snacks in between meals, but this is also why breastfeeding moms shed the baby lbs so effortlessly.  Is this diet perfect?  Well is any diet perfect?  I have a couple of friends out there that are saying "Julie, you lied! I carried my last 10 lbs around until I stopped breastfeeding.", which is your bodies way of making sure you have enough stores to keep making quality milk for your baby.  I'm not going to lie, no diet plan is perfect for every person, but overall most moms find breastfeeding is the easiest way to get that old body back!  I came across this momma of 4 the other day who is breastfeeding and on a mission to lose her baby bulge.

3 comments:

Kristen said...

I think it works now! :) I sure hope my baby weight melts off of me with breastfeeding- but we'll see :).

Alex Enderle said...

There is an episode of Desperate Housewives where a woman breastfeeds her child up to the age of 5, just to burn the calories.
Ps. nice header.

Kristen said...

I've lost 15 lbs. so far- before he's a week old!! I'm not wearing my maternity jeans at all, and I don't think I look pregnant, just have a pooch and some extra around my sides and hips. So I definitely think it's the world's greatest diet!!!!