Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Go out in style!

Want to feed your baby, but also want to keep your goods covered up?  It's simple you can buy or make your very own nursing cover!  You can buy a "hooter hider" or "bebe au lait" online or in most baby stores.  Or if you have some free time and a sewing maching you can make your own for a fraction of the price and in your fav fabric.  I made this one below with the help of this website.  This particular cover works like a blanket with a view for mom.  It has an adjustable strap that goes over mom's neck and boning in the front that allows mom to see what's going on and make eye contact with her baby.


This one is getting packaged up and sent out to my dear friend Kristen, whose bun in well done!  Any day now little Ethan will be here.  We'll have to wait and see how Kristen likes her new nursing cover and if she has any tips for feeding in public.


Isn't she just gorgeous?

My #1 tip for feeding in public is to sit in front of a mirror at home and practice!  This way you can see what others see when you're out and about.

Do you have any tips for feeding in public?  Where is the oddest place you've fed your baby?  I'd love to hear from you.  Leave a comment or send me an email at boobforthought@gmail.com.
 

3 comments:

Kristen said...

Yay!! I love it so much! And what a great idea with the boning so you can see the baby- I love that! And the pattern is perfect- thank you so much for making this for me- can't wait to try it out!

Em Smith said...

I was a little startled the first time I was with someone who was openly breastfeeding in public. We were eating at Village Inn, and my hubby and I just stared at our plates the whole time. I can appreciate that she didn't feed her guy in the bathroom--that would be gross!--but a hooter hider would have been nice.

Julie said...

Hey Em! Thanks for visiting my blog!! Alot of people do feel more comfortable with a nursing cover, but to each his own... Sounds like something you might want for your hooters once the little one arrives ;-)

Glad you like it, Kristen! For the rest of you stay tuned there's going to be a give-a-way as soon as I finsih the next one!!!!!!