Wednesday, January 13, 2010

My boob mug



This is what every lactation consultant needs...their very own BOOB mug to use while they write their post for their boob blog.  Life is complete.  My very thoughtful mother got me this handmade mug from Nelsonville Pottery located in Nelsonville, Ohio (a.k.a. the hometown of Sarah Jessica Parker).  The store owner, Jennifer, makes these beautiful mugs and ships the proceedings off for breast cancer research.  I'm sure she'd be happy to ship one to you if you're feeling jealous of my mug! 

I know this is a breastfeeding blog and not a breast cancer blog, but we do have to keep our breast cancer precautions up while breastfeeding.  Many changes are happening to your breasts during pregnancy and breastfeeding and moms need to be aware of these changes.  Your breasts will obviously feel lumpier with all your milk making ducts filling and emptying, but continue to do regular breast examines and look for any abnormal shaped lumps.  See your OB/GYN or a breast surgeon if you have any abnormal lumps, skin discoloring, or abnormal nipple discharge.  It's always better to be safe than sorry.

0 comments: